This is a Gluten-Free Dutch Baby Pancakes recipe that has been tried and true by my children that love this recipe! My kids would eat them every day if I let them.
This recipe is great for any time of day, but my favorite is for a breakfast or brunch. I have even made this recipe for dinner when I didn’t have anything else ready to cook.
These gluten-free Dutch Baby Pancakes are also dairy-free and sugar-free.
For people with a known potato intolerance, the tapioca starch can be substituted with arrowroot starch. (Tapioca starch doesn’t come from potato, but it is recommended to avoid it for its similarities for anyone with a potato intolerance.)
To make this a Paleo-friendly recipe just substitute the rice flour with cassava flour. However, the cassava flour doesn’t rise as well, but it still tastes good while sticking to a Paleo diet.
I like to top these pancakes with a drizzle of lemon juice from a freshly squeezed lemon. My children like them topped with cooked berries and/or maple syrup. To turn this into a dessert, I have even topped them with maple syrup and coconut ice cream, mmm, delicious!
I hope you enjoy this Gluten-Free Dutch Baby Pancakes recipe as much as my family has!
And now for the recipe…enjoy!
- ¾ cup brown or white rice flour (For a Paleo version, substitute with cassava flour)
- ¾ cup filtered water
- ½ cup tapioca starch (For a potato intolerance, substitute with arrowroot starch)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 8 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place two large pans in the oven with a dollop of coconut oil on each. I use 2 large pizza pans that have a low rim, but any pan with a rim will work.
- Once the coconut oil melts brush the oil out to cover the pans surface.
- Add all the ingredients to a medium size mixing bowl and whisk until it forms a batter.
- Divide the batter between both preheated pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Slice with a pizza cutter and serve.
- Topping ideas: drizzle with the juice from a freshly squeezed lemon, cooked mashed berries, maple syrup, and/or coconut whipped cream.
Essential Oils Dilution Free Cheat Sheet Printable
Get your copy of the Essential Oils Dilution Cheat Sheet printable plus so much more in the Resource Library!