I’ve been making these gluten-free granola spice bars for a year now and I’m excited to share the recipe with you. There is a story behind the recipe that I’ll share with you.
A year ago I was bartering my baked goods with my brother in exchange for fresh eggs. Every week, I would make my brother a baked good he hadn’t tried yet. After a while, my brother kept requesting that I make these granola bars. My brother liked them because he could eat them as a breakfast or as a dessert, and they were easy to pack for his job on the road. One week, I ran out of cinnamon, so I used spices that involved pumpkin pie spice, allspice, and orange. He enjoyed the change in the recipe and asked me to continue making them that way. And that is how I came up with the spices in these granola spice bars.
I have a couple of kitchen tools that I use to make the gluten-free granola spice bars very quick and easy.
First, I use a 3 tablespoon cookie scoop to get just the right amount of batter into each mold.
Second, I use a 12-cavity petite silicone mold to make the perfect size bars. The silicone mold makes the bars pop right out without needing to grease them first. Just remember to set the silicone mold on a cookie sheet before adding the batter since it’s flexible.My family enjoys these granola spice bars as a gluten-free snack.Click To Tweet
My family enjoys these granola spice bars as a gluten-free snack and I enjoy how easy they are to make. Enjoy!
Feel free to share or save this recipe so you have it handy when you make your granola spice bars. 🙂
- 3 cups certified gluten-free oats
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup purified water
- ¾ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 3 drops doTERRA Wild Orange essential oil
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all the ingredients to a mixer or large bowl.
- Stir until all the ingredients are combined.
- Place a 12-count petite silicone mold on a cookie sheet.
- Scoop 3 tablespoons of batter into each mold. I use a 3 tablespoon cookie scoop.
- Flatten batter with your fingers so it cooks evenly and looks like a bar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Let the bars rest for 5-10 minutes before taking them out of the silicone mold.
- Cool on a baking rack.
Join the Aroma Mama community!
Gain exclusive access to Aroma Mama's Resource Library of free printables and latest eBook!