These Superfood Paleo Chocolates are healthier than a snack bar, but taste like a dessert! They are healthy, raw, and organic!
I’m so excited to share my recipe for Superfood Paleo Chocolates with you!
I’ve been making this recipe for the last five years and these chocolates have fans! I’ve made and gifted them for Christmas, Valentine’s, and even birthdays.
I buy different size silicone molds for the holidays and seasons I want to gift chocolates to. For Valentine’s day I make sure to use the heart-shaped molds. As you can see in the picture, the chocolates pop out of the molds really easy leaving the chocolate’s surface smooth and intact.
These chocolates freeze really well too! When they come out of the freezer they taste just as good as the day I made them.
I gave my mom the recipe and she makes sure she has a batch of these chocolates in her freezer. My mom will eat one after lunch as an afternoon treat.
If you’re like my family, they don’t make it to the freezer! We can eat a batch of these in a few days. They are so good and guilt free!
These raw and organic Paleo chocolates are full of superfoods which means you found a guilt-free dessert! Click To Tweet
The superfoods in these raw and organic chocolates are almonds, chia seeds, coconut, chocolate, honey, and cassava.
In case you’re in need of the ingredients, here are some links to Amazon for your convenience.
Superfood Paleo Chocolate Ingredients
- Organic Cacao Butter (a.ka. Cocoa Butter)
- Organic Coconut Butter
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Raw Organic Cacao Powder
- Organic Vanilla Extract or for strict Paleo, use Organic Vanilla Bean Powder
- Raw Organic Honey or for a honey alternative, use Organic Stevia
- Organic Cassava Flour or Organic Tapioca Starch
- Organic Almond Butter or Organic Almond Meal/Flour (or other nut of your choice)
- Organic Shredded Coconut Unsweetened
- Organic Chia Seeds
You will find that this recipe is very forgiving. If you add a little more or a little less of the ingredients, they will still be great!
For the sweet tooth out there, feel free to add more honey if you like your chocolate sweeter. You can decide on the sweetness by tasting the melted chocolate before pouring it into the silicone molds.
If you are unable to eat honey, I’ve made these chocolates with 1/8 teaspoon of Stevia as an alternative sweetener, but taste the finished product for your desired sweetness. I’ve used maple syrup as well, but the chocolates needed to stay cold because they were extra soft at room temperature.
I hope you enjoy these Superfood Paleo Chocolates as much as my family has! Enjoy!
- ¾ cup organic cocoa butter
- ½ cup organic coconut butter
- ¼ cup organic coconut oil
- ¾ cup organic cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons organic honey (or another sweetener of choice)
- 3 tablespoons organic cassava flour or tapioca starch
- 3 tablespoons organic almond butter or meal (or another nut or seed of choice)
- 3 tablespoons organic shredded coconut unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons organic chia seeds
- Add a few cups of water to a dutch oven and place over medium heat.
- Place a pan, Pyrex glass, or a double boiler insert over the dutch oven that the chocolate ingredients will go into. Be sure the water is touching the insert enough so the ingredients melt.
- Add the cocoa butter, coconut butter, and coconut oil to the pan, and stir occasionally until completely melted.
- Once melted, turn off the stove and remove the pan from the heat.
- Add in the remaining ingredients one at a time with stirring in each ingredient until fully combined.
- Taste the chocolate to ensure it meets your desired sweetness. Add more sweetener if desired.
- Pour into silicone molds. Be sure to have the silicone molds laying flat on a sheet pan so they transfer easily.
- Transfer silicone molds to the refrigerator or freezer. Let sit for at least an hour.
- Pop chocolates out of the silicone molds and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Makes 30 plus bite-size chocolates. A larger size silicone mold will make fewer chocolates.
To see more Paleo chocolate recipes like this one, visit 40 of the Best Paleo Chocolate Desserts!
Subscribe to Our Newsletter and Get Subscriber Perks!
Subscribing to Aroma Mama includes a weekly newsletter, free offers and discounts exclusive to subscribers, and occasional product offers.