This is a smoothie recipe that kids really love!
My kids aren’t big fans of just any smoothie and would fall in the picky eater category, but I do have one special smoothie recipe that my kids love. Also, this is the snack of choice whenever my kids have friends over. Every single kid that we’ve fed this smoothie to has loved it, even the pickiest of eaters and they usually ask for seconds!
This kids smoothie recipe does contain dairy, but it is gluten-free and no sugar added!
The smoothie calls for milk, but you can use a non-dairy alternative like coconut milk, cashew milk, almond milk, or rice milk. If you have a child that has a dairy intolerance, be aware that there is some whey in the protein powder.
My kids are picky when it comes to protein powders and I won’t let my kids have just any protein powder. I prefer protein powders that use stevia instead of artificial sweeteners. doTERRA’s Vanilla Shake Mix uses Stevia as its sweetener of choice and fits the bill for a win-win in our house!
If you want to add greens to the smoothie, I can usually get away with 1/4 cup spinach for my youngest, although, my oldest child won’t drink anything with spinach in it.
Healthy Smoothie Ingredients
- Frozen fruit: strawberries, blueberries, and bananas
- Organic whole milk or a non-dairy alternative milk
- doTERRA TrimShake Vanilla Shake Mix
If you don’t already have a doTERRA wholesale account, you can order the doTERRA Vanilla Shake Mix through this link. There is the option to buy at retail price or with a wholesale account. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about setting up a wholesale account to buy at a great discount.
What makes this smoothie recipe special?
I think it’s the choice of the blend for the frozen fruit that gives a great smoothie flavor. It’s also the creaminess of the milk. Most of all, doTERRA Vanilla Shake Mix has a great flavor on its own. The combination of all these ingredients makes a creamy fruity blend of deliciousness that kids love!
As a busy homeschooling work at home mom, this smoothie recipe is a life saver to whip up a healthy snack for my kids in five minutes! Please Share or Pin this recipe as a reference and for others to find a great healthy smoothie recipe to feed their kids. 😉
- 2 cups equal parts frozen bananas, blueberries, and strawberries or 2 cups Columbia Fruit Wild Berry Blend frozen fruit
- 1 cup organic whole milk or a non-dairy alternative
- 1 scoop doTERRA TrimShake Vanilla Shake Mix
- optional: ¼ cup spinach
- Add all the ingredients to a high powered blender. (I use a Vitamix.)
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until completely blended. (If you like smoothie shop quality smoothies then add just under a cup of milk for a thicker result and a plunger stick may be needed to finish blending.)
- Pour into cups right away and serve cold.
Essential Oils Dilution Free Cheat Sheet Printable
Get your copy of the Essential Oils Dilution Cheat Sheet printable plus so much more in the Resource Library!