With my busy schedule, I need quick and easy recipes that are also healthy! This Easy Raw Kale Salad with Avocado Dressing is quick, easy, nutrient-dense and so delicious!
My family is not a fan of kale, so why kale salad?
I’ve managed to enjoy kale by baking kale chips or adding kale to a cooked soup, but I don’t like raw kale. Prior to this salad, my husband wouldn’t eat kale at all!
In an effort to eat a more nutrient-dense diet, I started making this kale salad with avocado dressing since we are fans of avocado! The avocado dressing on this salad does a great job of masking the flavor of the kale.
My husband likes garlic so I add extra garlic for him. I like the sweet taste of citrus on my salad, so I add extra mandarin slices on my serving.
This combination is how Easy Raw Kale Salad with Avocado Dressing was made!
Easy Raw Kale Salad with Avocado Dressing meets the standards for Paleo, AIP, Keto, Vegan, and Whole30 diets.
If you eat meat for dinner, this salad pairs great with a piece of fish, pork chops, or steak. I fill up my plate with a heaping serving of this salad that fills up two-thirds of my plate.
It’s delicious and so healthy!
- ½ bunch kale to serve 2 adults or one bunch of kale for family size
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2-3 mandarins
- 1 clove of garlic (2 cloves for a stronger garlic taste)
- sea salt to taste
- Wash the kale. Then, cut up the leaves and discard the stems.
- Place the prepared kale in a large bowl.
- Use a garlic press or dice the garlic clove into tiny pieces.
- Peel the mandarins, then juice one of the mandarins and half the rest of the mandarin slices. (Slice two mandarins if you like citrus in your salad)
- Peel the avocado and discard the pit. Then, mash the avocado in a bowl.
- To make the avocado dressing, add to the bowl of avocado; the avocado oil, garlic, mandarin juice, and sea salt to taste. Then, stir to combine.
- Add the avocado dressing to the large bowl of kale, and stir in until fully combined.
- Toss in mandarin slices.