I’m so excited to share a recipe for natural deodorant that works! The ingredients are all natural and even uses essential oils!
I’ve been making my own natural deodorant for a while now, but I haven’t been able to share the recipe with you because it’s a part of my Body Butters and Lip Balms course from Aromahead Insititute. I’m so excited to share another natural deodorant recipe that I just started using and am so excited about the results! Here’s the backstory of how I was given this amazing natural deodorant recipe that really works well.
This past week I had the privilege of going to YogaVega in Saratoga Springs, Utah for a Pilates Reformer class while I was visiting Utah for the doTERRA Convention. I had never taken a Pilates Reformer class and I had such a great time and workout with my Pilates instructor, Sandie Jensen! The workout was so good that I felt great over the next few days during my visit. I wish I was local so I could keep going to the class!
While I was there, I was also introduced to Never Stink natural deodorant, a recipe formulated by the owner of YogaVega, Steffanie Anderson. Steffanie makes this deodorant available for free to the visitors of YogaVega and they love it! Steffanie wants people to smell good naturally and so she shares her recipe all the time with those who ask for it. I was so happy when she generously and excitedly gave me her recipe to share with the readers of Aroma Mama upon asking!I'm so excited to share a natural deodorant recipe that works!Click To Tweet
This is what Steffanie has to say about Never Stink natural deodorant in her own words:
I’m the owner of YogaVega, a Mind/Body Fitness studio in Saratoga Springs, Utah. We specialize in Pilates Reformer, Yoga, Barre, High and Aerial. We opened in April 2017.
Last year I found that I was building up an immunity to every deodorant I tried which seemed like every natural and non-natural deodorant I could find. I read that you have to give it a week before the natural stuff worked. That didn’t make a lot of sense to me so I set out to formulate a deodorant that worked well right away. I call it “never stink” and spent 6 months developing the recipe till I found the right combination of texture, anti-microbial/anti-bacterial essential oils, and other wet and dry ingredients. It is a deodorant, not an anti-perspirant. I keep it in an amber pot in the shower and apply it with my fingers right after showering.
People ask why I don’t patent it and sell it. My response, I have a very acute sense of smell and B.O. is the worst so the more people know about this formula and use it, the better smelling society we’ll have. So I share the recipe, and sell it whenever requested. It’s a bit messy and labor intensive to make, and you should spray the pits of your tighter shirts with stain remover before washing because the beeswax can discolor the fabric, but it’s worth the trouble to not stink. Enjoy.
The ingredients and tools for “Never Stink” can be found at:
- Beeswax (I prefer pellets because they melt faster)
- Vegan alternative to replace beeswax: candelilla wax – need to decrease the amount by half since it’s harder than beeswax, but play around with it
- Coconut oil
- Shea butter
- Almond oil
- Vitamin E oil
- Arrowroot powder or corn starch
- Diatomaceous earth
- Baking soda
- Pyrex glass
- Standard size empty deodorant containers
- Smaller size deodorant stick for travel or purse: travel size deodorant sticks)
- Melaleuca, Lavender, and Patchouli essential oils – contact me for assistance to purchase or visit my doTERRA essential oil website to buy retail or wholesale
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons shea butter
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 5 drops Vitamin E oil
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder or corn starch
- 2 tablespoons diatomaceous earth
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 25 drops essential oil (melaleuca, lavender, patchouli)
- Set a Pyrex glass in a pan that has an inch of water.
- Melt beeswax and coconut oil on low to medium heat.
- After the beeswax has melted, lower the heat to low or turn off the heat and add the shea butter.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients, then stir.
- The mixture is liquid enough to pour into a deodorant stick (this recipe makes 1½ standard deodorant sticks) or pour the mixture into a jar.
- Let the deodorant set until firm and cool. (The refrigerator will quicken the process.)
I recommend YogaVega for a great workout if you’re within driving distance or ever go to Utah for a visit. Steffanie and Sandie are both great instructors and you’ll be in good hands! 😉
I hope you give Never Stink natural deodorant a try, you’ll be so happy you did! Please share this post using one of the social media buttons below so that others can find this wonderful recipe!
Subscribe to Our Newsletter and Get Subscriber Perks!
Subscribing to Aroma Mama includes a weekly newsletter, free offers and discounts exclusive to subscribers, and occasional product offers.